Monday, May 2, 2011

Relay

This weekend Casey and I went to Canyon's Relay For Life.  Every time we drive towards Canyon my body cringes.  It just doesn't seem right that a town can make me dread going there.  I noticed that the last post that I put with Abbott still in my arms was how sick he was, then I jumped back into the blogging world months later trying to grasp the fact that I just spent my first holiday with out my baby boy.  And here it is again this weekend spending Mother's Day and really not feeling like a mother anymore because I don't have a baby to put to sleep or take to the park.  I think to myself that i really got all of this from one evening driving to Canyon.   But once Casey and I were at the Relay is was a special feeling.  Abbott had two luminaries in memory of him.  When I first saw these it made me so sad and I just cried in Casey's arms thinking first of all that he has one, and that it doesn't say in honor of, but it says in memory of.  Really, it says IN MEMORY OF ABBOTT WYATT.  It is still so hard to imagine that he is gone.  Our life has changed, our whole life has changed.  Casey and I got to light the luminaries and walk around the track for Abbott.  It was an amazing surprise to see Abbott's name in another town.  Just makes me realize how much this 2 1/2 year old boy impacted peoples lives.  Abbott will forever be in our hearts, when Casey and I do things to help us remember him, those things have really helped us.

So since Casey and I have had so much fun at Canyon's Relay I want to encourage you to come and have fun with Team Abbott at Amarillo's Relay For Life.  You can click on the link to sign up right now and help support our Team.  If you sign up before May 9th you will be able to go to The South YMCA for free for the month of MAY.  That sounds like a good incentive to me! 
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11PL?team_id=909152&pg=team&fr_id=32277

We only have 39 more days left and Casey and I want it to be a special time, not only for us two but for all of you that helped fight the battle along side Abbott.  Abbott doesn't have to fight anymore and I am truly thankful for that, I do miss him dearly but I am happy for the life I had with him and continue to have.   He was truly an amazing boy that showed me so many things in life.  My life will be forever changed because of Abbott.

1 comment:

Snuzi said...

My heart just aches reading this post and thinking what that must have been like for you. I pray for you daily.