Saturday, May 7, 2011

Leading Up to Mother's Day!

Well I can already tell this is going to be a long post.

So Thursday was my lat day of school before I walk across the stage as a college graduate.  I am so excited, this is a huge accomplishment for me considering my son went to dance with Jesus in January.  It was a tough semester but it definitely helped me get through the days.  So after I turned in all my final projects I went to the chiropractor for an adjustment and Dr. Auzenne blessed me with a free adjustment for Mother's day.  How awesome!! So from there I went to get my hair done for summer and graduation and my hairdresser also didn't let me pay.  How blessed am I this Mother's day.
Here is my new hair do.



Now I wake up Friday morning with a bang on the door and there are a bouquet of flowers from Abbott's nursing agency thinking of me this Mother's Day.  That was very touching.  Here are the flowers.




Now I go on throughout my day and the mail comes in and there is a check for an amount that was extremely unexpected.  More than blessed for this Mother's Day.




So now it's time for me to go to the church and work for the afternoon.  I got all my stuff done and went over to Kidzway grabbed some papers that needed to go to recycling and instead of putting them straight in the pile I decided to go through them.  Guess what I found?  I picture that my son had colored who knows how long ago.  I was so excited I went to tell my friend Pastor Elizabeth and she said, " What a great Mother's Day gift!" I can't wait til my office is ready because I am framing it and putting it right on my desk where I will see it everyday for many days to come. Here is the picture my most wonderful son colored!






















So then I get home and my husband takes me out for my Mother's Day present to the TSO.  It was an amazing concert and I couldn't ask for a better hubby than the one I am so dearly blessed with.  God really knows what He is doing up there because He gave me an amazing man to grow up with.





Well now it is Saturday and I spent a great time with family.  My bro uncle bustin (JUSTIN) bought me, Amanda, and Casey lunch for Mother's Day.  My brother and his girlfriend got me a Mother's Day present.  A devotional I have been wanting by Beth Moore. And my husband bought me some really cool flowers from South Africa.  Finally to end the day we made our mom's their Mother's Day presents with their favorite chocolate candy.


So it's not even Mother's Day yet and people really took care of me.  I can't wait til the day comes and I have another little Wyatt baby running around so that they can color me pictures, but until that day comes I will lean on God to give me the love that my child gave me every day.  As I sit here writing this I have tears rolling down in both joy and sadness, just waiting til I get to meet our Sweet Jesus and see my dear Abbott again. I know that we serve a good God who is loving and cares for us deeply.  He has my name written on his hands, there not just written in a book, but they are also written on his hands.  I pray that the Holy Spirit continues to wrap his love around Casey and I and give us exactly what we need to make it through this season.  We have come a long way and we know in this valley we won't stay.  I will live my life with a purpose, to be joyful again. This is the prayer that is in my new devotional.
Lord God, how wonderful that we can live our days on this planet with a purpose- and how wonderful that when You call us to fulfill that purpose, You empower us as well! I ask for that power, Lord. Whether I'm living out my purpose by being a wife, a mother, or a friend for you may I find strength and joy.

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O Lord, endures forever-
do not abandon the works of your hands."
Psalm 138:8

1 comment:

Snuzi said...

What a beautiful post. Praying for you today!