Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter was Amazing!!

So our first Easter without a baby came and gone.  I really don't think I had time to think about a lot it.  Casey and I went to church and listened to a wonderful service, we then went to Memory Gardens and visited Abbott.  I really thought that I wanted to have a picnic there but still wasn't ready. His head plate looks so pretty, we put his name, butterflies, and his picture on it.  After about 10 minutes there with Casey, Amanda, Kaymen, and myself we went to the park for a family Easter Egg Hunt.  We all sat on a picnic table and ate picnic food so we would be ready for the festivities.  The party started with Chubby Bunny, followed by the egg hunt (kids and adults), then an egg race, potato sack race, and ending with a pinata.  My cousin Ashley did an amazing job and while none of my immediate family came to celebrate, I'm learning more about this new normal life of mine. 

Monday came and Amanda and I decided to fix a car seat and stroller for a girl that had a preemie on Easter.  Her little girl Ava was born at around 2 pounds.  We died the travel system pink for little Ava and we pray that she gets to go home soon with her mommy and daddy.  I had a lot of fun fixing this up and had a precious time getting to meet this special family.  They got to hold Ava for the first time on Monday for about an hour and as a mother I bet that was thrilling.  Our family will be praying for Ava and I ask that you pray for her too.

I know this post was a bit choppy but Easter isn't just to celebrated on Sunday, it follows over to many days because our Savior is Risen and will be forever more.  This is Ava's parents and the travel system Amanda and I fixed up for them.
Heidi

1 comment:

Snuzi said...

Hi Heidi-
I didn't get a chance to meet you at the meeting the other night. Your blog is amazing and I have cried through most of it. Your words are a blessing and you are an inspiration. Praying for you! I look forward to getting to know you.
Stephanie